Online Presence Analysis
Google My Business
This is the obvious elephant in the room. Processing over 3.5 billion searches every single day, if you’re not listed properly on Google, then you are being totally left behind. This is very critical!
Google My Business is an amazing, and very, very powerful marketing platform for every business.
Here are some strong advantages that you gain by using Google My Business:
- You can manage and update how Google displays all of your business information and rich content
- You can see real insights and data about how people find your business.
- A well developed Google My Business listing will help you get found on Google Maps and provide directions to your business for your customers.
- With a Google My Business listing, you will also be able to respond to customer reviews on Google, too.
We can help you create, optimize, and manage your Google My Business listing. This is part of our complete Local Citations Management service which can be found here.
Online Presence Analysis
A thorough Online Presence Analysis gives us a chance to take a deep dive into how your business is viewed online. It takes more than just having a website that looks nice to optimize your businesses online presence. It takes locally optimized content, local citations, backlinks, and more!
Before you can make a detailed plan to execute an effective local SEO campaign, it is critical that you first assess how your website, and your business stand online today.
When we execute on Online Presence Analysis, we look at several factors that make up your current presence. These include a detailed assessment of your website, local citations, customer reviews, and more.
Your backlink profile is equally important because each backlink, which is any link from another website that points to your website, has the potential to act as a vote to the search engines that your website has well written, relevant, and important content. In some cases, the more of these backlinks that your website has, the better this can help your rankings in the search engines.
We take a deep look into your backlink profile, and that of your competitors, to determine your best plan with your backlinking strategy.
Complete Website Analysis
When we take an in-depth look at your website, there are many things that need to be assessed for their ultimate effectiveness.
First, of course, we look at it’s design. Your website needs to be elegant in it’s design, and do a very good job of helping the web visitor find what it is that they are looking for in order to make the decision that they would like to engage with your business. These items include Calls-To-Action (CTA’s) like your phone n umber nice and bold, Appointment Forms, Information Forms, Live Chat, etc… This all leads to conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) which is very, very important to execute correctly.
Meta data includes items like Page Titles, Meta Descriptions, Schema markup, and more. These are important that all of these are optimized correctly because these are the specific items that tell the search engines what your page is about.
Page Descriptions are the 160 characters under the page title on the Search Engine results Page (SERP) that tell the potential web visitor why they should click on your page. Think of this as your initial “sell” to the web visitor.
Schema markup is critical to any local SEO campaign because it gives the search engines all of the relevant information about your business category, name, address, phone number, etc.
Your content is very important to your local SEO campaign in many ways. It needs to be well written with proper use of grammar and sentence structure. But more importantly than that, you need to make correct use and density of your keywords and your geo-targeting. We audit all of your content for several factors and fix that before we start engaging ion any offline promotion.
Your Local Citations
The next thing that we investigate is the accuracy of your Local Citations. These are basically how your business information appears on the 70+ local directories that are most trusted by the search engines. Also known as NAP (name, address, & phone number), these listings are important for local SEO because it insures that your business information is consistent all over the internet, but also because you can add rich content to many of these in the form of content, images, videos, etc…
The definition of a citation is a mention of your business online that has some combination of your business name, address, and/or telephone number.
Alternatively, social profiles are more significant citations. Examples of these would be Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, etc…These are very trusted by the search engines, and carry more weight because they are highly customizable as well.
It is best practice to build a social profile for your business on every social platform that you can. This would include Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and others.
The first thing that you need to do is to see how all of these local directories see your website and business information online today. Use our free local citations scan tool to gather this information.
Here are the guidelines that you should follow when you are building your social profiles and citations, to get the best SEO results:
- It is critical that you apply the exact same business name, address, and telephone number to each of these profiles. This consistency will help the search engines understand your exact NAP (name, address, phone number).
- In the event that your business moves to a new address, all of these directories need to be updated. We also have a tool here that can do this for you. But it is important that all of these directories, social profiles, and of course, your website have this updated information.
- One of the great features of these local directories and social profiles is the ability to create unique descriptions and content about your business. These should include information about what your business sells, your differentiation from other competitors, niche’s, and more.
- Most of these directories also allow you to include several high-quality images. Make sure that you do this. Use highly relevant and high resolution images whenever you can. The search engines see this enhanced content and it will help them understand what you do.
- In each of these directories and social profiles, you will have the ability to select multiple business categories that define your business. It is best practice to select 3-4 that are highly relevant, and make sure that they are in the order of relevancy. So your first business category should be the closest to, if not an exact match, and so on.
- Make sure that you delete any duplicate listings or social profiles. These duplicates will only hurt you. You want to make sure that the search engines clearly, and cleanly index the best, and most accurate citations about your business.
A detailed analysis of your Local Citations are a very important part of your Online Presence Analysis. It would be a mistake to discount the importance of these when evaluating the presence of your business online.